The Washington Senators 11U team is looking for 3 Great Players
Here are the facts about this team:
1. This is a returning current team. They are currently called Crimson Canes 10U, training out of BLE in Auburn. 9 of our current players are returning.
2. In 2013 the team will play approximately 50 games and play in 9 tournaments. The rest of the games are local and against the best competition we can find. We do not schedule games against weak teams, believing that you become the best by playing the best.
3. We will train indoors from October to April at Heb’s Place in Auburn, WA. We will train once a week from October through December, and two times a week from January through April.
5. Starting in January and running through April the college and ex-pro staff at Heb’s will work with our players in our practices.
6. The head coach is Bill Easter. Bill coached high school baseball for 7 years, 4 of those as the head coach, taking two teams to the Washington State Baseball State Tournament as a head coach and helping take two more teams to the state tournament as an assistant coach.
Here is a statement from Coach Easter:
“I work with and project these players forward 4-5 years and do what I can do to get them to their maximum potential when they get to high school to give them the best chance I can to succeed at that level. I think I am able to see those things. Every single player I coached in high school that I nominated for the All-State Feeder Games was selected for those games. Fifteen players that I coached at two high schools went on to play college ball. Twelve of them played at the four year college level and two of them were drafted and played in the minor leagues. I believe I can see where these players are at, and what they need to get better at, to reach their potential.”
7. THERE WILL BE ONE TRYOUT FOR THE 3 SPOTS ON THIS TEAM. IT WILL BE August 13th from 6:30-8:00 at Heb’s Place, which is right near Highway 167.
The Address for Heb’s is:
1601 15th St. N.W.
Auburn, WA. 98001
PLEASE HAVE YOUR PLAYER TRYOUT if you meet the following criteria:
1. Your player is age appropriate. He should be 10U eligible now and 11U eligible next year.
2. Your player loves baseball. Baseball has to be his desire, not yours, if he is ever to be great
3. Your player is a talented player with physical tools. We will make him better, but he must have some basic skills now.
4. Your player has a good attitude. We do not have any players on this team with attitude problems and will not accept or retain any new ones who do.
5. Your player will work on his game when he is not at practice. What we know is that putting on a nicer uniform and playing in tournaments does not turn a PONY or Little League player into a select player. The main difference between the rec. player and the select player is the desire to put in the work to improve.
6. You, as parents, are positive people. We will not tolerate negative parents who verbally or via email or texting complain about coaches, playing time, etc… We have an OUTSTANDING parent group, one that enjoys each other and hanging out together socially away from the field. We will not bring in any new parents who are negative and we will not keep any that are negative.
PLEASE RSVP for the tryouts so we know how may to expect so we can adjust our personnel accordingly.
TO RSVP, or if you have any questions about the tryouts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 253-332-8428.