Washington Senators 11U Tryouts

Post notices and comments concerning baseball in Tacoma, WA

Moderators: Boardadmin, Commish

Washington Senators 11U Tryouts

Postby billeaster » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:12 am

The Washington Senators 11U team is looking for 3 Great Players

Here are the facts about this team:

1. This is a returning current team. They are currently called Crimson Canes 10U, training out of BLE in Auburn. 9 of our current players are returning.

2. In 2013 the team will play approximately 50 games and play in 9 tournaments. The rest of the games are local and against the best competition we can find. We do not schedule games against weak teams, believing that you become the best by playing the best.

3. We will train indoors from October to April at Heb’s Place in Auburn, WA. We will train once a week from October through December, and two times a week from January through April.

5. Starting in January and running through April the college and ex-pro staff at Heb’s will work with our players in our practices.

6. The head coach is Bill Easter. Bill coached high school baseball for 7 years, 4 of those as the head coach, taking two teams to the Washington State Baseball State Tournament as a head coach and helping take two more teams to the state tournament as an assistant coach.

Here is a statement from Coach Easter:

“I work with and project these players forward 4-5 years and do what I can do to get them to their maximum potential when they get to high school to give them the best chance I can to succeed at that level. I think I am able to see those things. Every single player I coached in high school that I nominated for the All-State Feeder Games was selected for those games. Fifteen players that I coached at two high schools went on to play college ball. Twelve of them played at the four year college level and two of them were drafted and played in the minor leagues. I believe I can see where these players are at, and what they need to get better at, to reach their potential.”

7. THERE WILL BE ONE TRYOUT FOR THE 3 SPOTS ON THIS TEAM. IT WILL BE August 13th from 6:30-8:00 at Heb’s Place, which is right near Highway 167.

The Address for Heb’s is:

1601 15th St. N.W.
Suite A
Auburn, WA. 98001

PLEASE HAVE YOUR PLAYER TRYOUT if you meet the following criteria:

1. Your player is age appropriate. He should be 10U eligible now and 11U eligible next year.
2. Your player loves baseball. Baseball has to be his desire, not yours, if he is ever to be great
3. Your player is a talented player with physical tools. We will make him better, but he must have some basic skills now.
4. Your player has a good attitude. We do not have any players on this team with attitude problems and will not accept or retain any new ones who do.
5. Your player will work on his game when he is not at practice. What we know is that putting on a nicer uniform and playing in tournaments does not turn a PONY or Little League player into a select player. The main difference between the rec. player and the select player is the desire to put in the work to improve.
6. You, as parents, are positive people. We will not tolerate negative parents who verbally or via email or texting complain about coaches, playing time, etc… We have an OUTSTANDING parent group, one that enjoys each other and hanging out together socially away from the field. We will not bring in any new parents who are negative and we will not keep any that are negative.

PLEASE RSVP for the tryouts so we know how may to expect so we can adjust our personnel accordingly.

TO RSVP, or if you have any questions about the tryouts, please email billeaster@movesmart.net or call 253-332-8428.
billeaster
Varsity

Re: Washington Senators 11U Tryouts

Postby Fastballdownthemiddle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 am

WOW.
Fastballdownthemiddle
NCAA

Postby Reality One » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:01 pm

FB.............I was trying to come up with a very short response as well.

Yours was well put and spot on !!

R1
Reality One
NCAA

Postby Fastballdownthemiddle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Thank you R1.

First thing that comes to my mind is why if they are such a fantastic team of high level parents and players, why would they be leaving BLE and moving to Heb's place and changing their name. I understand teams bounce from site to site and change names on a regular basis, however it is usually because there is some miss-harmony along the way.
Fastballdownthemiddle
NCAA

Postby billeaster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:18 am

The reasons we left BLE had nothing to do with our team or our parents. I can promise you that. Other than that, I don't believe this is the forum to share those reasons.

Bill Easter
Head Coach
Washington Senators 11U
billeaster
Varsity

Postby billeaster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:25 am

Folks,
What are, or should be, the goals of select ball? Here are mine:

1. Develop the skills in players they will need at the high school level and beyond (I was a high school coach for 7 years, 4 as a head coach, and coached in 4 state tournaments).

2. Win games now (we won 67% of our games the second half of our season this year at 10U

3. Have a great time hanging out with a great group of parents (our parents are all good people and love being around each other)

Bill Easter
Head Coach Washington Senators 11U
billeaster
Varsity

Postby billeaster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 am

7. THERE WILL BE ONE TRYOUT FOR THE 3 SPOTS ON THIS TEAM. It will be Monday night, August 13th, from 6:30-8:00 at Heb’s Place, which is right near Highway 167.

The Address for Heb’s is:

1601 15th St. N.W.
Suite A
Auburn, WA. 98001
billeaster
Varsity

Postby billeaster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 pm

OTHER SPORTS

Does your select program allow or encourage your kids to play other sports? We do. I believe that the best high school players I ever coached all had several things in common, one of which was great feet. The kids that had the best feet were the ones who played a lot of sports growing up. We allow and encourage our select players to play other sports. The only thing we ask is that once baseball season starts you make us your #1 priority.
billeaster
Varsity

Postby Slantman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Well Put!
Slantman
NCAA

Postby billeaster » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:04 am

Why is baseball the best game to prepare kids for life?

Well, for one, in baseball every kid has to stand up for himself and take his turn at bat. In football, basketball, soccer, etc... you can put a kid in the game and just not give him the ball. In youth baseball every kid bats. Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle said this about it: "Baseball is where every kid gets to prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide."

Baseball is all about failure.....and getting back up again. You are a great baseball player in pro baseball if you only fail 7 out of 10 times. You will be a .300 hitter and make millions, but that means that 7 times out of 10 you have to walk back to the dugout not hating yourself, not making excuses for why things weren't your fault, and thinking about how you will succeed the next time up. That is the best preparation for life, that sports offers. Adversity, failure, optimism, hard work, success---that's baseball, and that's life.
billeaster
Varsity

Postby billeaster » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Monday night at 6:30 p.m. at Heb's is a tryout for the 11U Washington Senators.
billeaster
Varsity

Postby billeaster » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 am

See you tonight at Heb's at 6:30 for the 11U Senators tryout

Bill Easter
253-332-8428
billeaster@movesmart.net
billeaster
Varsity

Postby billeaster » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 am

BUMP
billeaster
Varsity

Postby billeaster » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:01 pm

BUMP
billeaster
Varsity

Postby Fastballdownthemiddle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm

You have bumped this post to the top 4 times in the past 15 hours.

You are only looking to 3 players to fill out your team which is greater than any other team for all the reasons you listed, so you should be OK with the turnout!
Fastballdownthemiddle
NCAA

Next

Return to Tacoma Baseball